I mainly read adult and YA science-fiction and fantasy (including dark and urban fantasy), LGBTQAI+ fiction and non-fiction, poetry and non-fiction essays. If you’ve written a guide to creative writing, or similar, I’m interested. Short story collections and novellas are my favourite to read! No -isms here, please.
If your book falls outside of this list, please use the contact form to check in with me first; I may be amenable. All reviews are conducted in a first come, first served order. If you want to jump the queue to meet a specific date, there may be a small charge attached, depending on my reading queue.
When reviewing books, I review here on my website and manually post those links, with image to my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. I also cross post my reviews (where relevant) to Goodreads, Google Play and Amazon (UK & US).
Working with Emma is one of the genuine highlights of being an author. Not only is she a wonderful person who is encouraging, supportive and passionate about writing, she is also an ardent professional, focused on accurate detail and the impact of a rich reader experience. As an author and lecturer focussing on creative writing, I get to work with many professionals but Emma remains one of my favourites because of her enthusiastic attitude and her relentless sense of positivity — Ashley Lister, Author and Lecturer
I offer the following services:
- Reviews: I post honest opinions, and provide reviews in keeping with the tone of this blog. If you provide book data, I will happily incorporate relevant information at the end of the post to help readers in their buying decisions. If I do not finish a book, I will not publish a review and will feedback to you as to why it has a DNF status. If I rate a book below 3 stars, I do provide constructive criticism in my review, but it’s very rare I rate lower than 4.
- Interviews: Do you have news or new releases, or want to get your name out to a new audience? I can provide questions if needed for an author interview or feel free to complete your own.
- Book Tours/Releases: I will participate in blog tours or book release promotion but your content must be unique to this blog and not be used anywhere else. I do need two months’ notice to ensure the content balance on this blog remains consistent.
- Cover Reveals: If you want me to participate in a cover reveal, please ensure I have one months’ notice. Reveals will be done on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Social Media: I will mention you on social media, as an add-on to any review or post that appears on my blog. I can also create (when my Youtube channel launches) short video posts and am happy to use Instagram stories, my Facebook and Twitter pages.
Emma is a total joy to work with. Every project she undertakes is handled with consideration, conscientiousness and consummate professionalism. She is also one of the friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I am always honoured to be a part of her endeavours.
— Claire Ladds, author of Baby Up the Chimney
- Other: Got an idea for promotion? Please use my contact form to discuss how I can help you. Depending on the scope of your request, there may be a small fee attached, but everything will be agreed in advance with no surprises.
- (e)Book formatting, cover design and other graphics: Please visit creativecatapps.co.uk for more information and to see my portfolio.
Emma is a pleasure to work with. She is professional, insightful and always full of great suggestions for taking work to the next level. I have no hesitation in recommending her.
— Gareth L. Powell, award-winning author of Embers of War