I mainly read adult and YA science-fiction and fantasy (including dark and urban fantasy), LGBTQAI+ fiction and non-fiction, poetry and non-fiction essays. If you’ve written a guide to creative writing, or similar, I’m interested. No -isms here, please.
If your book falls outside of this list, please use the contact form to check in with me first; I may be amenable. All reviews are conducted in a first come, first served order. If you want to jump the queue to meet a specific date, there may be a small charge attached, depending on my reading queue.
When reviewing books, I review here on my website and manually post those links, with image to my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. I also cross post my reviews (where relevant) to Goodreads, Google Play and Amazon (UK) with Amazon (US) to follow shortly.
Working with Emma is one of the genuine highlights of being an author. Not only is she a wonderful person who is encouraging, supportive and passionate about writing, she is also an ardent professional, focused on accurate detail and the impact of a rich reader experience. As an author and lecturer focussing on creative writing, I get to work with many professionals but Emma remains one of my favourites because of her enthusiastic attitude and her relentless sense of positivity — Ashley Lister, Author and Lecturer
I offer the following services:
- Reviews: I post honest opinions, and provide reviews in keeping with the tone of this blog. If you provide book data, I will happily incorporate relevant information at the end of the post to help readers in their buying decisions. If I do not finish a book, I will not publish a review and will feedback to you as to why it has a DNF status. If I rate a book below 3 stars, I do provide constructive criticism in my review, but it’s very rare I rate lower than 4.
- Interviews: Do you have news or new releases, or want to get your name out to a new audience? I can provide questions if needed for an author interview or feel free to complete your own.
- Book Tours/Releases: I will participate in blog tours or book release promotion but your content must be unique to this blog and not be used anywhere else. I do need two months’ notice to ensure the content balance on this blog remains consistent.
- Cover Reveals: If you want me to participate in a cover reveal, please ensure I have one months’ notice. Reveals will be done on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Social Media: I will mention you on social media, as an add-on to any review or post that appears on my blog. I can also create (when my Youtube channel launches) short video posts and am happy to use Instagram stories, my Facebook and Twitter pages.
Emma is a total joy to work with. Every project she undertakes is handled with consideration, conscientiousness and consummate professionalism. She is also one of the friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I am always honoured to be a part of her endeavours.
— Claire Ladds, author of Baby Up the Chimney
- Other: Got an idea for promotion? Please use my contact form to discuss how I can help you. Depending on the scope of your request, there may be a small fee attached, but everything will be agreed in advance with no surprises.
- (e)Book formatting, cover design and other graphics: Please visit creativecatapps.co.uk for more information and to see my portfolio.