Okay, so cookies should be delicious but these ones are a bit dry and crispy. There may even be a bit of sofa fluff stuck on, if you’re really unlucky.
- Cookie banner: if you click okay, it leaves a cookie so you don’t see the message again unless you delete your browser cookies. Clever, huh?
- Google analytics (anonymised IP): I don’t know who you are, only that I like that you’re visiting. I get information such as what pages you’ve visited and the order you clicked on things. It helps me make the site better as well as give me an ego boost.
- Comments: click the box for the browser to remember your details, and well, it’ll remember the name, email address (and if relevant) website URL that you typed in…
- Popups: if I use a popup to show you something particularly awesome and you click the ‘close’ link, I’ll use a cookie so I don’t bug you by showing you the same thing too often.
- Country code: When you visit my site, I set a session (temporary) cookie that records the country you’re visiting from. It helps me send you to the right website for links wherever possible, rather than you roll your eyes and ask why you’re in the US and being sent to a UK site. The cookie disappears when you close your browser.
If you want to turn cookies off or delete them, use your favourite search engine and you’ll find the right instructions for your browser. It may stop websites from working as you expect or mean you have to type in your information again.
I don’t collect and personally identifiable permission without your express consent and certainly don’t pass it on unless legally required to.